Office number: 709 (7th floor new Physics building)
Telephone number: +34 93 402 11 28
Teresa Antoja joined the Gaia-UB team in 2016. She has at present a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellowship from the EU (2018-2020) to exploit Gaia data to study key astrophysical processes that drive the evolution of the MW and of galaxies in general. She is also working on the validation of Gaia data as part of the CU9 group.
She also belonged to the Gaia Archive Preparation (GAP, 2011-2013). From 2013 to 2016 Teresa worked at ESTEC where she held an ESA Fellowship in Space Science devoted to the preparation for the scientific exploitation of Gaia data.
Her main research fields and interests are:
– Disk kinematics, velocity distribution of the Solar Neighbourhood and surroundings, moving groups, dynamical streams
– Determination of the bar and spiral arms properties
– Effects on stellar thin/thick disk kinematics, orbital resonances
– Dynamical modeling of the spiral arms and bar, theories for spiral arm formation and dynamics
– Detection of Ultrafaint Dwarf Galaxies in the Milky Way with Gaia
– Gaia follow-up surveys, WEAVE survey for Gaia faint sources to obtain radial velocities and chemical abundances
PUBLICATIONS (See them at ADS)