DAPCOM is the first Spin-Off created with the participation of two universities: Universitat de Barcelona and Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya. We offer software solutions for big data management with special focus on efficient data compression systems.
The expertise of our team on efficient compression systems for space provides the necessary knowledge base for the development of an optimized solution for each scenario depending on the client needs. We combine several compression technologies, including our quick Prediction Error Coder (PEC) and its patented adaptive extension (FAPEC – Fully Adaptive Prediction Error Coder), as well as efficient pre-processing stages that can be completely adapted to each case in order to boost theachievable ratios.
- The use of Java in Large Scientific Applications in HPC Environments. Aidan Dermot Fries. PhD viva: 21/01/2013. Supervisors: Jordi Portell i de Mora, Raúl Sirvent (BSC)
- Implementing the Gaia Astrometric Solution. William Josepf O’Mullane.PhD viva: 09/03/2012. Supervisors: L. Lindregreen, X: Luri
- New data compression algorithms for space applications: software and hardware implementations. Alberto Gonzalez Villafranca (UPC). PhD viva: 19/01/2011. Supervisors: Enrique García-Berro Montilla (UPC), Jordi Portell i de Mora
- Feasibility study of the PEC compressor in HDF5 file format. Carlos Estepa Sánchez. Final Bachelor project, Applied Physics, UPC. 10/2011. Supervisors: Enrique García-Berro, Jordi Portell.
- Payload data handling, telemetry and data compression systems for Gaia.Jordi Portell i de Mora.PhD: 2005. Supervisors: Enrique García Berro (UPC), Xavier Luri
- A telemetry formatter for realistic Gaia data streams. Oscar Martínez Rubí. Master thesis: 2009. Supervisors: Enrique Garcia Berro (UPC), Javier Castañeda Pons
- High-precision space astrometry and on-ground data management. Javier Castañeda Pons. Master thesis: 2008. Supervisors: Enrique Garcia Berro (UPC), Jordi Portell
- Implementation of the Solar System Module within the Gaia Simulator framework. Artur Latorre. Master thesis: 05/09/2007. Supervisor: Xavier Luri
- Study, Design and Implementation of robust entropy coders. Marcial Clotet Altarriba. Final Bachelor project Applied Physics, UPC. 20/07/2010 Supervisors: Enrique García-Berro (UPC), Jordi Portell
- High-precision space astrometry and on-ground data management. Jaime Boloix Tortosa. Master project: 2009. Supervisors: Claus Fabricius, Jordi Torra Roca